I saw it. It was not particulary good. It was just another superhero movie that was basing it’s success more on brand recognition (spiderman fans) and amazing CGI. The scenario was very weak and the acting sub-par.
Things I particulary loathed
- The whole “Americans love Spidey” thing they put on all the fucking time . It just look silly!
- Parker getting “the evil look”. That always annoys me to no end in Holywood movies. Whenever the good guy becomes bad, he will invariably start dressing in black and change his hairstyle (This time parker became emo). It tried to pass the notion that only people who dress trendily and have conventional looks can be “good” when nothing could be further than the truth. Just once I’d like to see a realistic transformation to extreme selfishness.
- Spiderman striding in front of the American flag before going into the final combat. FFS! I guess we could count ourselves lucky that he was not dressed in Red, White and Blue as well…
- The Sentimental / Crying scenes. That was just so corny and fake that everyone in the cinema ended up laughing every time Parker cried.
- Not. Enough. Venom! They finally put the best Spiderman villain in, and they end up showing him in action for something like 15 minutes. And he’s a true villain this time, not like the other pussies that were stealing for their daughters and projects and shit. Just pure evil.
- Mary-Jane becoming the damsel in distress all the fucking time.
As always, the trailer of the movie was more interesting than the movie itself, and in this particular case, the trailers of the other movies were more interesting as well.
The cinema experience as always sucked. No surround sound, talking, not big enough screen and other shit like that.