Reddit convinced me to get Dragon Age legally rather than Pirating it. This is the true story of what followed.
So I get home from work yesterday and get on Reddit…
Yes, this really happened to me yesterday exactly as you see it.
Other fun facts
- I got the VPN yesterday in an attempt to allow myself to buy the goddamn game. Legally. That was a wasted 40 Euros of course but hopefully I’ll be able to use it to watch restricted content. Or you know, maybe not.
- I didn’t download the whole game at 300Kb/s fortunately. I watched a movie for the first 2 hours which allowed the 1.2 Mb/s to continue. However when the movie finished I tried to surf the net while the last 5% where downloading. Then my speed dropped to 300Kb/s and never got over it, thus making the last 8 minutes into 30.
- Yes, my PC did really die within 5 minutes of downloading the game. It was the PSU which gave up the ghost. Hopefully nothing else has been affected from it.
- Of course EA screwed me over by charging the same amount in Euros as they charge in Dollars. Exchange rates be damned.
- I’ve only managed to see the intro screen of Dragon Age and the first few stages of character creation.
And then people ask why Piracy is the better choice…