I really wanted to take part in the The Pharyngula mutating genre meme but unfortunately I am not viable for the environment he has created (not enough data from the first two genres). Thus I decided to create a competing meme on music & computers, since I am a bit more knowledgeable in it and my known blogs are a bit more in that subject.
So, here are the rules:
The music mutation of the Pharyngula mutating genre meme
There are a set of questions below that are all of the form, “The best [subgenre] in [genre] is…”. Copy the questions, and before answering them, you may modify them in a limited way, carrying out no more than two of these operations:
- You can leave them exactly as is.
- You can delete any one question.
- You can mutate either the genre, medium, or subgenre of any one question. For instance, you could change “The best time travel novel in SF/Fantasy is…” to “The best time travel novel in Westerns is…”, or “The best time travel movie in SF/Fantasy is…”, or “The best romance novel in SF/Fantasy is…”.
- You can add a completely new question of your choice to the end of the list, as long as it is still in the form “The best [subgenre] in [genre] is…”.
You must have at least one question in your set, or you’ve gone extinct, and you must be able to answer it yourself, or you’re not viable.
Then answer your possibly mutant set of questions. Please do include a link back to the blog you got them from, to simplify tracing the ancestry, and include these instructions.
Finally, pass it along to any number of your fellow bloggers. Remember, though, your success as a Darwinian replicator is going to be measured by the propagation of your variants, which is going to be a function of both the interest your well-honed questions generate and the number of successful attempts at reproducing them.
There is also a catch I decided to throw in. If you’ve been tagged by another mutating genre meme before you wrote this, you have a chance to select one or the other, but not both. If you do select one, it seems that natural selection in your area has taken its toll and the species has been outperformed by the other variant. You should notify the originating parent of the losing meme so that he knows his branch has lost the battle for territory. In case both of the memes tagging you have at least one common characteristic, you have the option to become a hybrid. You can pick and choose 3 questions, among all the questions in the two of them (and then mutate two of those as you per standard rules) but you are not allowed to tag blog progeny as you are “sterile” (reccomended only with people with no friends 😉 )
I do not know how this could work if you’ve already written a post about the other meme. Any ideas? Anyway here are my starting characteristics:
My parent is: NONE.
- The best epic song in Metal is…
The Power of thy Sword, by Manowar.
- The best music-related application in Open Source is…
- The best religion-related lyrics in Metal are…
When the Walls go Down, by Evergrey.
I attempt to spread the seed to:
And finally, since very few of my friends have blogs, anyone in the Planet LGU Aggregator that cares to take part
And of course, anyone else that wants to join the fun.